SCAMP Monthly Activities and Menu are listed below:
Senior lunch menu varies from week to week. Please visit the Senior Citizen’s Bureau for information or to obtain a lunch menu.
* Due to limited meals ordered, reservations are required. SCAMP Menu is subject to change. Milk is included with all meals. For reservations, please call (310) 217-9552. Please click the link for March Menu 20128 and March Newsletter 2018.
May Menu 2018 JUNE 2018 2018 Menu
MAY 2018 NEWSLETTER JUNE 2018JUNE 2018
Senior Weekly Activities
- Lunch 12:30 p.m.; 2nd & 4th Mondays – Free movie and refreshments beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 10a.m. – Noon – 2nd Tuesday of the month – Special Transit I.D. photos taken
- 11a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Health nutrition with Lipscomb
- 12:20 p.m. – Lunch
- 1 – 2 p.m. – Bingo
- 8:00 a.m. – Noon – Senior Thrift Sale
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. – 3rd Wednesday of the month – Blood Pressure / Hearing check
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:15 – 2:00 p.m. – 1st Wednesday of the month – Top Notch Club meets at the Nakaoka Center
- 3rd Thursday of the month – Legal service BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Friendship Club meets at the Nakaoka Community Center.
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch with Mickie Myzel at the Piano
- 5:00 – 7: 00 p.m. – 4th Thursday of the month – Scamp Candlelight Dinner – RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Creative Design Class with Cardinali
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Golden Sounds Choral class
- 12:20 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Bingo
- Diabetic Support Group led by Angela Anderson, R.D., takes placed the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 10:00 a.m. – Noon in Room F of the Nakaoka Commnity Center.
- St. Anthony’s Senior Citizen’s Club meets Wednesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., in the old church across the street from the school – 1050 West 163rd Street. Interested please call Joann Kennelly at (310) 532-2153.
- Senior Thrift Sale runs every Wednesday from 7:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- SCAMP Candlelight Dinners are planned periodically throughout the year. Please check with the Senior Citizen’s Bureau for scheduling information. Reservations MUST be called in 24 hours in advance to: (310) 217-9552.
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services (BY APPOINTMENT) is planned for 1 Thursday of each month. To make an appointment, please call (310) 217-9552.
- Be Well Exercise class along with the nutrition class, will meet from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. on Thursday in the Cliff Holliday Room A at the Nakaoka Community Center. Class is led by a registered dietician and is Free to seniors.
- Senior Sunshine Breakfast is served Friday mornings from 8 to 9 a.m. There is a suggested SCAMP member donation of $2.50 and for non-members, $4.
The above menus, activities and special events are organized by the Gardena Senior Citizen’s Bureau, for all individuals age 60 and older. For more information contact Lauren Mataalii at (310) 217-9661.
More Activities for Seniors
- Exercise for all Levels – Walking, stretching and general exercises are led by a certified teacher. Monday – Friday from 8 am-10 am in the Rush Memorial Gymnasium.
- Badminton – Practice and play badminton. All skill levels. Monday – Friday from 6 am – 8 am in the Rush Memorial Gymnasium.
- Arthritis Support Class – Instructor led exercises to help alleviate arthritis pain and slow down its progression. Monday – Friday from 10 am – 11 am in the Rush Memorial Gymnasium.
- Tai Chi – Tai Chi is a non-impact way of exercising and fighting stress. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am – 11:30 am in the Rush Memorial Gymnasium.
- Arts & Crafts – Join others in making keepsakes and decorations by hand. Fridays from 10 am to 12 noon in the Nakaoka Community Center.
- Senior Chorus Group – The Golden Sounds Choral group is a great way to continue singing. Fridays from 10 am to 11 am in the Nakaoka Community Center.** PRICES VARY BY CLASS. PLEASE VISIT EACH CLASS FOR MORE INFO.